Video Tutorial on Simulation of Single-Event Upset in SRAM Cell
In the first tutorial, you will learn how to estimate the SEU rate
of a memory chip in a satellite, in the following steps:
- Constructing a 3D device model of an SRAM cell from mask layout;
- Simulating the initial state of the SRAM cell before irradiation;
- Simulating the trajectories of incident energetic particles in the device in VisualParticle;
- Simulating the transient response of the SRAM cell when hit by an energetic particle;
- Plotting the voltage and current waveforms of the SRAM circuit nodes, to determine if a data upset has occurred to the cell.
- Visualization of the evolution of internal variables (potential and carrier concentration) in the SRAM cell that led to the upset.